1999 - 2013
DuPont Polymer Powders
- February 2013 - DuPont Polymer Powders becomes Axalta Polymer Powders
Following the purchase of DuPont Performance Coatings by the Carlyle Group, the new company is renamed Axalta Coating Systems. As part of this new entity, the Bulle site is renamed Axalta Polymer Powders.
- 2010 - Gotalene® presents its first Sensory Bar at the InCosmetic Event in Paris
Cosmetic products are not only a mixture of ingredients; they transport sensation and emotions. DuPont perfectly understood and translated this by presenting its exfoliating powders within a sensory bar, with innovative formulations and textures. Visitors could touch, feel and play with Gotalene® and show their creativity.
- 2009 - The polymer powders plant in Bulle celebrates its 50th anniversary
In September 1959, Plast Labor was founded in Bulle, Switzerland in the canton of Gruyere. Since that time, a long list of success stories and achievements have confirmed Axalta Polymer Powders to be the leading company in micronized polymers.
- 2008 - Introduction of Flamulit® 534 as internal lining of fire extinguishers, externally approved according to EN-3 Standard
DuPont develops a new product for fire extinguishers. Flamulit 534 is designed to protect the internal walls of both water and foam filled fire extinguishers. Performance is confirmed by independent testing according to the EN-3 Standard.
- 2005 - Abcite® obtains its first approval in Germany for contact with potable water
Abcite® 1060 / X60 is approved for the first time in Germany for contact with potable water.
- 2003 - Abcite® approval in Hong Kong for cable tray protection
Abcite 500 series is approved by Hong Kong Fire Services for the 3.7GW Lamma Power Station. The coating has to withstand extreme climate conditions with wide temperature variations combined with high chemical resistance. Today, Abcite® is still doing the job well.
- 1999 - First dredging ships coated with Abcite®
The enhanced performance and abrasion resistance of Abcite® convinces the marine industry to adopt it for the protection of jet water pipes in dredging ships.
- 1999 - Herberts Group is acquired by E.I. DuPont de Nemours.
The Bulle site becomes DuPont Polymer Powders Switzerland Sarl.