Abcite® 2060 has been tested per external laboratory which confirmed that a single Abcite layer, applied directly on galvanized or grit-blasted steel, satisfies the most severe requirements of ISO 12944-9 and achieves corrosion protection in coastal areas with high salinity & industrial areas with extreme humidity and aggressive atmosphere. According to ISO 12944-9 this means in corrosive environments CX (offshore) and Im3 (buried in soil).
Anticorrosion single-layer solution for Flame Spray coating technology
The Flame Spray Technology is the only system which can apply powders on site and with no need for a coating line. It involves depositing semi-molten polymer particles onto a heated surface, a process whereby heat causes the particles to flow and fuse into a complete cohesive polymer coating.
Abcite® 2060 has been specially designed for this coating technology, combining the exceptional anticorrosion and mechanical performance of Abcite with the simplicity of use & mobility of the Flame Spray Coating technology.
By using Abcite® 2060, you will be able to protect large metal structures on site, in most weather conditions and easily repair unplanned damage without dismantling the structure.
Key features and benefits
- Application in situ with no need for a coating line
- Specially designed for large structures
- Outstanding corrosion protection and best in class for salt
- Excellent resistance to alkaline and acid chemical attacks
- Impermeable barrier, even in case of permanent
- immersion or condensation
- Performance unchanged by UV exposure and weathering
- Service temperature from -60 C to 75 C
- Tough and flexible for high impact and abrasion resistance
- No primer, self-adhering monofilm
- Excellent edge and corner coverage BPA, VOC and halogen free
How long will Abcite® 2060 last?
What applications can Abcite® 2060 be used in?
Typical applications for Abcite® 2060 are:
- Corrosion protection in highly corrosive marine, agricultural and industrial environments
- Pipes, bridges, metal structures, water-proofing, offshore installations
How is Abcite® 2060 applied?
Abcite® 2060 has been especially designed for the Flame Spray Technology.
Flame Spray Technology consists in the deposition of semi-molten polymer particles onto heated surface whereby process heat causes the particles to flow and fuse into a complete cohesive polymer coating.
Flame spray coating requests professional flame spray guns and controlled application parameters. Contact us for more information.
Which colours are available?
Our standard colours are:
- DW Blue RAL 5017
- Silver Grey +/- RAL 7001
- Jet Black RAL 9005
- Light Blue +/- RAL 5012
- Anthracite Grey RAL 7016
- White RAL 9016
Colours reflect coated finish, and matched to nearest RAL value where appropriate. Samples are available as coated plates or powder.
Abcite® 2060 approvals
1-layer system certified CX for extreme corrosive environments in accordance with the ISO 12944-6/-9 standard for galvanized and grit-blasted steel