Third Party Website
Abcite® 585 EF
Clear coating for industrial glassware
Abcite® 585 EF is a single layer, primer-free, halogen-free, high strength adhesive thermoplastic powder coating which provides shattering protection for glass pieces and preserves the original glass appearance.
Key features and benefits
- Superior adhesion on glass substrate
- Improves impact resistance
- Puncture and cut resistant
- High transparency
- High gloss
- Excellent chemical resistance (pH 1 to 12)
- Service temperature from -60°C to 75°C (should not be used for steam sterilizers)
- Environmentally friendly (no VOC, halogen free, BPA free)
- Easy to apply
- Food contact compliant
What applications can Abcite® 585 EF be used in?
Abcite® 585 EF is widely used as a shatterproof coating for:
- glass bottles containing hazardous and expensive chemicals.
- light tubes intended for the food industry or medical facilities
- particularly fragile decorative glass or laboratory glassware
How is Abcite® 585 EF applied?
Abcite 585 EF can be applied by:
- electrostatic spray
- fluidised bed (dip)
- flock spray
Which colours are available?
Abcite 585 EF is a clear coat.
Abcite® 585 EF approvals
The following approvals are available upon request: