Abcite 545 / X45 is ideal for coating thin parts or metal items that have low heat retention.
Abcite 545 / X45
Low viscosity thermoplastic powder coating
Abcite 545 / X45 is a thermoplastic product range with a particularly low viscosity for a smooth finish on low heat retention substrates such as aluminium and thin parts.
Key features and benefits
- 25 years proven performance
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Excellent impact and sand abrasion resistance
- Economic through lower application temperature
- Premium quality, glossy appearance
- Will not crack, chip, flake or fracture
- Excellent adhesion to metallic substrate
- No requirement for a primer
- Free of Bisphenol A (BPA), PVC, halogens, phthalates and heavy metals
What applications can Abcite 545 / X45 be used in?
How is Abcite 545 / X45 applied?
Abcite 545 / X45 can be applied by:
- electrostatic spray, this requires the grade Abcite X45
- fluidised bed (dip), this requires the grade Abcite 545
Which colours are available?
Abcite 545 / X45 is available in white and neutral.
Axalta can offer any bespoke colours to match your needs for customers prepared to place a minimum order of 800 kg. Please see our technical guides for more details.
Abcite 545 / X45 approvals
The following approvals are available upon request:
- Food contact compliance