Axalta Donates 50,000 Euros to STEM and Environmental Stewardship Causes in EMEA
Basel, Switzerland – 11 February 2020 – Axalta (NYSE: AXTA), a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, has donated a total of 50,000Euros to support STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or environmental stewardship causes across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), thanks to an employee initiative called Axalta in Motion.
Axalta in Motion took place in September 2019 and challenged EMEA employees to take as many steps as possible in a 24-hour period, both at home and at work. Local activities promoted teamwork and increased the step count.
Once the first annual challenge was completed, five Axalta countries in EMEA were selected at random to donate 10,000Euros each, as well as to volunteer time, to an organisation nominated by employees. The countries and organisations are:
- Belgium: Natuurpunt is an independent voluntary association that provides protection for vulnerable and endangered nature in Flanders
- Germany: Nabu NRW is an organisation of volunteers committed to full-time nature conservation work in the North Rhine-Westphalia region
- Italy: WWF is an independent international organisation dedicated to the defence of nature and the environment
- Switzerland: Pro Natura Basel supports projects that safeguard valuable protected landscapes in Basel and the surrounding region
- UK: Queen Mary’s Grammar School, Walsall, which is part of a multi-academy trust called The Mercian Trust and which supports students in the STEM subjects
Yves Kerstens, Axalta’s Vice President and President for EMEA, says, “Axalta supports environmental stewardship programmes around the globe to promote clean water and air and to protect habitats, so we are delighted to contribute to these five organisations, who are aligned with our ethos of conservation and sustainability. Lending our assistance to an educational body whose key focus is STEM subjects is also vital to Axalta because it is science and technology that drive our innovation and manufacturing platforms.”
For more information about Axalta, its sustainability and its corporate social responsibility platforms and goals, visit www.axalta.co.uk.
Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colourful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, buildings and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coat to last longer. With more than 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the 14,000 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our more than 100,000 customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. For more information visit axalta.co.uk and follow us @Axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.