Our coatings are virtually everywhere. Axalta’s passion has made the world more colourful for more than 150 years. Our coatings are used on small and large surfaces, from cosmetic compacts and alternators, to helmets, guitars, race cars, rollercoasters, playgrounds, and skyscrapers. Our passion goes beyond the surface. We look for ways to also brighten our communities by focusing on programmes that are related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education, sustainability, and being a great corporate neighbour.
We are committed to providing customers with quality, innovation, and the delivery of exceptional products every day.
Axalta At A Glance
Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, buildings and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coat to last longer. With more than 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the approximately 14,000 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our more than 100,000 customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology.
- 150+ years in the coatings industry
- 50 manufacturing facilities
- 4 global technology centers
- 30+ country technology laboratories
- 47 customer training centers
- Doing business in 130+ countries
- 100,000+ customers, many with multiple facilities
- 4,000+ distributors
- More than 14,000 employees
- 1,400+ scientists, engineers and technology staff
- 1,000+ patents
- $4.7 billion in net sales in 2018
- $180 million invested in R&D in 2017